Remember your dreams

Remember your dreams
Remember your dreams

Friday, February 28, 2020

Proactive Oracle DBA

This is a series of posts.
I am working this to share some of the many scripts I schedule to automatically run to alert me of any current or potential issues. If there are others you can recommend then please do. If you can share, advise, or improvement on anything, please share that as well.

Eventually there will be a post for all of these.



  1. Checking the Alert Log
  2. Backups and monitoring the results
      1. RMAN Full backup script
      2. RMAN Incremental backup script
      3. RMAN Archivelogs only backup script
  3. RMAN Validation script
  4. RMAN Catalog Maintenance script
  5. Checking for corruption after Validation
    1. Export datapump expdp (as well as RMAN backups)
    2. Deletion of audit files
    3. Updated Monitor Server Disk Space
    4. Original Monitor Server Disk Space
    5. Checking for failed logins
    6. Checking for blocked sessions
    7. Checking for locked accounts
    8. Check Tablespace usage
    9. Monitor for account expiration date
  6. PL/SQL Jobs
    1. Check for failed jobs
    2. Monitor invalid objects, attempt to recompile, otherwise send email
Please comment if there are others you think I should add or improvements to the existing version I am using. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proactive Oracle DBA

This is a series of posts. I am working this to share some of the many scripts I schedule to automatically run to alert me of any current o...