Remember your dreams

Remember your dreams
Remember your dreams

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Oracle backup scripts and monitoring the results

Oracle on Linux Redhat
Backing up your database must include Full, Incremental, and maybe Archivelog backups.
I like to do a weekly Full (Friday) and daily Incremental backups (Monday - Thursday). I also like to do daily Archivelog backups to keep the Archivelog destination from filling up on unexpectedly heavy transaction days.

RMAN Full backup script
RMAN Incremental backup script
RMAN Archivelog backup only script

As well it is important to run weekly RMAN catalog Maintenance and RMAN Validation script.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proactive Oracle DBA

This is a series of posts. I am working this to share some of the many scripts I schedule to automatically run to alert me of any current o...