Remember your dreams

Remember your dreams
Remember your dreams

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Creating an NFS mount for use with RMAN

I needed more disk space on my database server for exports and RMAN backups (possible Flashback space). My colleague has an available Network File System (NFS), as he calls it, Network-attached storage (NAS). I have been given a few terabytes for use with my database. I will mount this same NAS on my production and development database servers for use with exports and RMAN backups.

Once the share is available:
1. Edit /etc/vfstab and add the mount.
Adding mount to vfstab

2. Add the directory to the server.
#cd /
#mkdir oracle_data

3. #mount -a

4. #chown oracle:oinstall oracle_data

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proactive Oracle DBA

This is a series of posts. I am working this to share some of the many scripts I schedule to automatically run to alert me of any current o...