- How to you recover from block level corruption using RMAN?
- What is DBVerify and how do you use it?
- How do you dump your database to a file?
- How does export differ from datapump?
- How can you export and import an entire schema except for one table using datapump?
- A user has a SQL scripts that used to run in 1 hour and now takes 10 hours. The script has not changed. What could have caused this?
- What is the recommended time frame for gathering statistics in 10g and how is it done?
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Oracle DBA interview questions
How do you really prepare for technical questions you might get during an interview? I try to read as much as I can and review notes on basic questions or other typical interview questions regarding an Oracle DBA. On a recent job interview I was asked the following technical questions. I'll do my best to answer them as well, but if you have an opinion please fell free to chime in.
Oracle runInstaller fails on Linux, Could not execute auto check for display colors using command /usr/bin/xdpyinfo. Check if the DISPLAY variable is set.
How to get Oracle's runInstaller to run on Linux or Unix environment using from Windows using Cygwin as an xterm emulator. Download an...
More on Mater ialized Views Materialized Views What is a Materialized View? Creating a Complete Refreshable Materialized View Creati...
Whether you are using audit_trail = OS or DB there will be audit files accumulating in the audit_file_dest. Much more if audit_trail paramet...
Moving your Oracle database instance to a to new domain? I recently moved several Oracle database servers to a new physical location. We cha...